Surrey Sensors Ltd. collects and uses personal data about prospective customers and website users. The data held and processed are your:
- First name and last name
- E-mail address
- Postal address
We do not hold or process any “special category data”. We receive this data exclusively from submissions to our website forms or e-commerce site, e-mails to representatives of Surrey Sensors Ltd., or any telephone conversations with our representatives.
Surrey Sensors Ltd. only collects data needed for business operations, and the data is kept up to date and only for as long as it is needed.
We collect your personal data in order:
- To provide you with information that you have requested about our company, services or products;
- To contact you via email with additional information about our company, services or products;
- To manage our customer accounts.
We take our obligations for data handling very seriously and it is therefore important for you to know that we process your personal data on the following legal bases:
Data is processed in our legitimate interests where we communicate with you to fulfil a request for information and to follow up with you for feedback after the completion of a transaction.
These purposes will never override your personal interests, fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your personal data.
We process your data only with your consent for other emails and similar communications where we tell you things we think you would like to know about our company, services or products (marketing and targeted communications). We will obtain this consent at the time you provided us with the data.
Surrey Sensors Ltd. processes personal data in accordance with data protection legislation and its own Data Protection Policy.
We may also use this data to carry out business analysis and to help us improve our services and products.
We keep your personal for a maximum of five years after the last exchange of information we had with you.
Your personal data will not normally be shared with third parties by Surrey Sensors Ltd. Should we be required to do this, we will first ask for your explicit consent and explain what personal data we will share, why it must be shared, and with whom. Some of these third parties may be overseas.
As an individual whose data we process (a data subject), you have certain rights in relation to the processing.
You have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data;
- Ask us to confirm that your personal data is being processed and to access (i.e. have a copy) of that data as well as to be provided with supplemental information about the processing;
- Request that we rectify any inaccuracies where the data we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Have your data erased by us, although in certain circumstances we may not be able to do this;
- Restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways;
- Obtain your personal data for reuse;
- Object to certain processing of your personal data.
You have the right to object to the way we process your data. To exercise this right, please contact email@example.com. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the way in which we process your personal data.