BESPOKE, COST-EFFECTIVE MEASUREMENT SOLUTIONS FOR A WIDE RANGE OF SECTORS
Applying cutting-edge technology developed in the University of Surrey research laboratories to the design and manufacture of bespoke, cost-effective measurement solutions.
Surrey Sensors Ltd. is commercializing the technology developed by Dr. David Birch and Dr. Paul Nathan as part of the University of Surrey’s experimental aerodynamics research programme, drawing on decades of experience in designing and managing fully-automated experimental measurement systems for the NCAS EnFlo national laboratory.
WHAT WE DO
Surrey Sensors Ltd. offers bespoke, cost-effective measurement solutions for a wide range of sectors including Formula 1/motorsport, avionics, UAVs (unmanned air vehicles), healthcare, commercial agriculture and elite sport.
We are unique in being able to manufacture custom-designed, deployable prototype sensor systems specifically optimized for our customers’ applications, using techniques including 3D printing, within a very short turnaround time.
We specialize in the design and fabrication of high-precision, low-cost, compact measurement systems and sensor packages.
Surrey Sensors Ltd. was incorporated in 2015 as a partnership between academics and researchers at the University of Surrey, and engineers and entrepreneurs from the private sector. Our vision is to make the cutting edge technology developed in the university research laboratories accessible to the wider public.
Working in partnership with the Centre for Aerodynamics and Environmental Flow at the University of Surrey, we draw upon decades of experience in designing and managing fully-automated experimental measurement systems for the NCAS EnFlo National Laboratory.
Cutting-edge measurement solutions
- 3D-printed stainless steel probesDavid Birch2022-04-08T12:21:00+01:00
3D-printed stainless steel probes
- MUS-Series miniature digital seven-hole probeDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:20:52+00:00
MUS-Series miniature digital seven-hole probe
- MUS-Series 64-Channel miniature pressure scannerDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:20:22+00:00
MUS-Series 64-Channel miniature pressure scanner
- MUS-Series 8-Channel miniature pressure scannerDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:21:29+00:00
MUS-Series 8-Channel miniature pressure scanner
- Eight-channel nano-CTA arrayDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:21:58+00:00
Eight-channel nano-CTA array
- Micro-CTA systemDavid Birch2023-06-01T08:49:44+01:00
- Pressure scannerDavid Birch2023-06-01T08:50:52+01:00
- Digital seven-hole probe systemDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:23:08+00:00
Digital seven-hole probe system
- Pressure connectorDavid Birch2021-08-17T08:36:15+01:00
- Precision Pitot-Static Probe DriverDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:23:52+00:00
Precision Pitot-Static Probe Driver
Bringing leading research to the real world
Multi-hole velocity and vorticity probes
Low-cost, machined or 3D-printed integrated probes for UAV, wind-tunnel and very-large-array applications
Thermal anemometry systems
High-precision, high-bandwidth constant-temperature and constant-current anemometery systems
Pressure sensing systems
High-bandwidth, low-cost miniature pressure sensors for large- and very-large arrays
High-precision, high-bandwidth analogue signal multiplexers and conditioners
Pushing technology forward