3D-Printed stainless steel probes
The ultimate in versatility for pressure and velocity measurement
These low-cost, 3D-printed stainless steel probes are available in a wide variety of 7-hole, yaw and rake configurations, and are easily re-configured for custom applications. Available either as barbed stings or fully digital integrated systems with our micro-miniature MUS-series sensor package, these probes offer the ultimate in measurement flexibility at game-changing prices.
Ideal for tightly constrainted spaces, complex geometries or experimental applications, these probes are a cost-efficient alternative to conventional powder-bed laser-sintered 3D-printed probes. Choose from our library of existing probe geometries, or let us design a custom probe for your specific application.
Velocity and/or pressure measurement
Small, versatile and highly configurable, these probes offer almost unlimited possibilities for velocity and pressure measurement.
Small sizes and flexible designs allow high-quality measurement of internal flows, in pipes, channels, compressors and reactor vessels, while rugged stainless steel construction is resistant against temperature, abrasion and corrosion.
Automotive & motorsport
With compaible micro-miniature sensor packages and CAN compatibility, this system can be easily integrated into track testing systems.
Data sheets and user manuals
Drawings & models
Data sheet (sensor module only)
Technical notes, application notes and references
- Uncertainty in pressure-based velocity probes – TN-0614-2017
- Multi-hole pressure probes – TN-0616-2016
- Generalized calibration of multihole velocity probes (external link)
- Optimal calibration of directional velocity probes (external link)
- Compensating low-range pressure sensors for vibration error (external link)
(For integrated sensor system only)
Third-party drivers (required):
- National Instruments LabView (select “run time engine” only, 64-bit version)
- National Instruments NI-VISA
End-user licence agreements:
- 3D-printed stainless steel probesDavid Birch2022-04-08T12:21:00+01:00
3D-printed stainless steel probes
- MUS-Series miniature digital seven-hole probeDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:20:52+00:00
MUS-Series miniature digital seven-hole probe
- MUS-Series 64-Channel miniature pressure scannerDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:20:22+00:00
MUS-Series 64-Channel miniature pressure scanner
- MUS-Series 8-Channel miniature pressure scannerDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:21:29+00:00
MUS-Series 8-Channel miniature pressure scanner
- Eight-channel nano-CTA arrayDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:21:58+00:00
Eight-channel nano-CTA array
- Micro-CTA systemDavid Birch2023-02-09T07:42:26+00:00
- Pressure scannerDavid Birch2023-02-28T07:16:16+00:00
- Digital seven-hole probe systemDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:23:08+00:00
Digital seven-hole probe system
- Pressure connectorDavid Birch2021-08-17T08:36:15+01:00
- Precision Pitot-Static Probe DriverDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:23:52+00:00
Precision Pitot-Static Probe Driver