STANDARD AND CUSTOMIZED PROBES
Velocity, pressure and temperature probes for any application
From conventional Pitot-static, five- and seven-hole velocity probes to 37-hole omnidirectional probes, direct vorticity probes and micro-thermistor probes, we offer a range of standard and customizable probe configurations for any fluid measurement application.
Multi-hole pressure probes remain one of the simplest and most robust means to measure fluid velocity and direction. Our family of pressure-based velocity and vorticity probes, with our multichannel pressure measurement systems and software, allow for simple and straightforward, reliable flow velocity characterization right out of the box. Together with our temperature and pressure probes, we can offer full thermodynamic state measurement capability. Available in a range of sizes, materials and configurations, our probes offer a fully-customizable solution for any measurement requirement.
Velocity, temperature and pressure probes
Wind tunnel testing
Three-component velocity probes provide a robust and low-cost alternative to non-intrusive optical and laser flow interrogation techniques; high-density rakes can also provide simultaneous, multi-point measurements for statistical analysis. With multi-sensor stings and fully-customizable configurations availble, these probes provide powerful measurement capability in a compact, minimally intrusive package.
High-precision, low-mass velocity (and specifically yaw angle) are available, with compact integrated sensor packages, for use in motorsport track measurement and control applications.
Unmanned aircraft and UAVs
Low-mass probes are available for flight applications, for measurement of angle of attack, sideslip angle, as well as relative airspeed and air temperature. De-icing capability and birdstrike survivability are also available as options.
Capabilities and performance
Probes can be designed for specific applications, and specifications will vary depending on the design.
- Sub-millimeter probe diameters available; min. 1.8 mm for seven-hole velocity probes
- Integrated 2W probe heaters available (min probe diameter 10 mm); cooling sleeves available for high-temperature applications
- Pressure probes – hole diameters down to 200 microns available
- Temperature probes: Si-based thermistor probe tips with bandwidths up to 20 Hz
- Wide variety of sensor packages available for all types of probes
- Custom design service for probes, probe sensor packages and data reduction software
- Rakes and probe arrays available, with networked sensors and acquisition systems
- Calibration service available
- Probe heating, cooling and armour available for use in harsh environments
- 3D-printed stainless steel probesDavid Birch2022-04-08T12:21:00+01:00
3D-printed stainless steel probes
- MUS-Series miniature digital seven-hole probeDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:20:52+00:00
MUS-Series miniature digital seven-hole probe
- MUS-Series 64-Channel miniature pressure scannerDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:20:22+00:00
MUS-Series 64-Channel miniature pressure scanner
- MUS-Series 8-Channel miniature pressure scannerDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:21:29+00:00
MUS-Series 8-Channel miniature pressure scanner
- Eight-channel nano-CTA arrayDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:21:58+00:00
Eight-channel nano-CTA array
- Micro-CTA systemDavid Birch2023-06-01T08:49:44+01:00
- Pressure scannerDavid Birch2023-06-01T08:50:52+01:00
- Digital seven-hole probe systemDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:23:08+00:00
Digital seven-hole probe system
- Pressure connectorDavid Birch2021-08-17T08:36:15+01:00
- Precision Pitot-Static Probe DriverDavid Birch2023-01-30T08:23:52+00:00
Precision Pitot-Static Probe Driver